Lionbridge is a company employing work at home staff to check and rate internet search results and translations. This is a part-time or full-time job. As you’re aware, around the world local people use different words, phrases and idioms – things that a non-resident can’t simply tap into. In the US if you’re wearing your pants in the street that’s perfectly OK, in the UK it’s likely to get you arrested – simply because the word pants means different things in each country.
Lionbridge offer their clients cross-cultural checking of their website. Where a website is in more than one language, or even delivers different English pages based on the location of the person viewing it, the language needs to be checked by a local – and that’s what the Lionbridge work at home staff do.
Work at Home Jobs: Internet Assessors Program
Working in your own language, Lionbridge require internet assessors around the world to perform straight forward language checking on behalf of their clients.
Job Description & Duties To perform searches and rate the results. This is particularly for checking that the keywords used in online advertising match the locals’ searches. e.g. if I am in the US and performing a search for “pants” I’ll expect different adverts to be displayed than if I am in the UK.
There are thousands of such words that exist, colloquialisms and the vernacular known only to locals and residents. As a Lionbridge work at home agent it’s your job to check these for their clients for search engine marketing purposes.
No Fees. Flexible Hours. Competitive Rates of Pay
Lionbridge Job Requirements:
In order to work at home for Lionbridge, you’ll need the following skills and equipment:
- There are requirements regarding your location, based on their needs at the time.
- Reading and writing in English is a mandatory requirement for program participation
- Proof of English competency in some locales will be requested, e.g. English Certificate
- You must have been resident in the country you’re applying for, for 5 consecutive years or more.
- You should be familiar with using both Internet browsers and content, and have access to a computer with a high-speed internet connection
- You need to be motivated to apply your knowledge in a way that improves the browsing experience on the Web
- You must be a mature person capable of managing your time to spend 10-20 hours per week in rating various online services and software
- You can be a college student, teacher, retired person, on-line shopper, stay-at-home parent or professional from any field
Lionbridge Company Background: Lionbridge employ over 4,500 internet assessors worldwide, working from home.
Qualifying for a Job with Lionbridge
Once you’ve applied online, you’re then in a queue to be invited to take a test. It can take a couple of weeks to a few months before they contact you as they only progress your application when they have vacancies.
Countries: US, UK, Canada, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa.
If you’re interested in a work at home part-time job or long term career with Lionbridge check out their website:
Lionbridge.com – where you’ll see which countries and languages Lionbridge are currently hiring for.
More Work at Home Companies
Check out our main work at home companies page for more companies like Lionbridge: List of Work at Home Companies
Date Last Checked: November 2016